CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Just some thoughts

Hello family and friends,
I am supposed to be doing work right now, but you know how that goes. What better to do than procrastinate. It seems that lately I have been more reflective than usual. I don't know if it is just because I'm getting older and seeing more or if I am just working through the feeling that are going on inside with my mom leaving and getting hurt. Maybe it is a combo of things. I am not struggling in a bad way. I just don't like emotion very much so I'm not quite sure of what to do with it. I of course have been reading all the Thanksgiving posts and remembering all that I have to Thank the Lord for. Now as Christmas approaches I look around at all the people rushing around and wondering how many of them really have a clue as to what Christmas is. Don't get me wrong, I love the decorations, the food, the family times, and of course the gifts, but I have to wonder how many of us would be content to be without those things and just be content with the gift that Christ gave. We will have our fun times this year and we will go to the Christmas parties, but what I really want to do this year is reflect on the real Christmas gift. I have had emotional struggles the last few weeks with all that has been going on that I could not change, but through it all there has been Jesus. He has been there with arms wide open just waiting for me to turn over my fears and worries to Him. That is a gift that cannot be ignored. When I look at the past few months I think that God is trying to stretch me. How incredible that He would care enough to make me a better person. I'm so thankful and I want to use this Christmas season to reflect on Him a little more than what I have in the past.

1 comments:

McMom said...

Great thoughts Jackie!!!