CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy New Year

It is unbelievable to me that 2008 is already coming to an end. Remember when we were young and all those old people talked about how quickly time was passing. All I could think about was how slow the school day was and wishing I could have some of that time that was on full speed ahead. How different things are now. I look at all the things that I have on my "to do" list and I long for just a little more time to accomplish them. The girls are growing so fast, the work comes in quicker than I can get to it, and the laundry is on overflow. (Not an exaggeration). Sometimes it seems overwhelming. I think we all probably feel that way at least some of the time. Then I start thinking about all the ways that I could really do better to organize my time and keep up better, but I think the most important thing is to make sure to keep God's things first. I'm horrible about getting so busy that I forget God. Really it is the same principle as tithing. When we give God the first fruits then He will bless and multiply the rest. If I could learn to give God His part of the day then He can bless the rest of it. It comes down to what is really important. There is no contest. God should be first no matter what else is going on. Looking to the New Year is a great time to start over. I just wonder what God will do this year. I can't even begin to count the blessings from this past year and I know that God wants only to do more. How exciting!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Time is strange stuff. The years fly by and sometimes the days take forever. The kids grow by leaps and bounds!

McMom said...

This year has flown by! We have been home a year now ! WOW! We have had some difficult time, but God has blessed so much too! It is good to look back and see just what He has done!