CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

So, here is our little table all tricked out:
Steamed Broccoli
Jumbo Black Olives, and the Mini Pickles were hot and Spicy- really good!
The gravy was good, but I've made better.
The brined turkey I'll do again for sure.
Whole Grain Stuffing with Water Chestnuts and Pepperoni was fabulous
Mashed baby reds (butter and sour cream the only additions)
Cranny Berry relish from Haggen I love their stuff
The Peach Spritzer was tart and refreshing
The apricot cookies under the glass dome are a recipe from Taste of home and were great.

We ate and ate. Craig ate till he was full, then went on to eat till he was tired.
We then went to see Alien vs Predator-Requiem and it was stupid and lame. We laughed and laughed. Not what the writers of a horror movie probably had in mind.
Then we came home and had pumpkin pie.
Craig raved and raved about the food, he always makes me feel so good.

That was the perfect part.

The only snag is what you see below. While I was re-arranging things I accidentally tripped walking by the tree. I fell into it and then when it fell I fell ONTO it. Craig was napping and it woke him up and scared him to death. He came and pulled me out of the tree, and helped me clean up the mess. (But not before I had some photos). Years ago, I had a tree fall over in spectacular fashion, scattering broken ornaments all over my formal living room (the grey house with the pool). I neglected to take photos then, and regretted it.

2 comments:

us said...

The dinner looks and sounds WONDERFUL!!!!! You are such a good wife!

The tree mishap is classic. I am glad you got photoes:)

Unknown said...

I am 99% sure they will be next year's Christmas cards.