CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 27, 2008

Kidneys vs "Kid Knees"

Sometimes I am just amazed at how the mind of a child works. My children bring me some of the greatest joys. Tonight Natalie was asking me about her stomach. She put her hand just under her neck and her other hand at the bottom of her torso and asked, "Mom, is this how big my tummy is?" So, trying to be educational, I said "No, Natalie, your tummy is right here under your heart and only takes up this much space." Of course I showed her a much smaller area than she had asked. She said " Oh, my tummy is here and my stomach is over here" and pointed to the other side. I explained that the stomach and tummy were the same thing and then I added that there was much more in there than just the tummy. I told her that there was her heart and her liver and her kidneys. When I told her that her kidneys were in there she got a strange look on her face and said, "Mom, my 'kid knees' are right here" She was pointing to her knees. I was laughting hysterically. How do you explain Kidneys to a 7 year old? Anyway, I know I have blogged a ton this week, but I thought you would all enjoy that story. Have a great day.

1 comments:

Goodmans in Mexico said...

Very, very hillarious!!! I love it. I showed it to Ron so he could laugh too, and he said, "Jackie told me that the other day." Well, I guess I just have to keep checking the blog if I want to know what is going on! :) Ron is a great one for the details! Gotta love him! :)