CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Missions Conference

Well, here in Spokane we have made it to one of my favorite times of year. At the beginning of every April we have our Missions Conference. I absolutely love it. I'm always tired at the end, but the time spent is so well worth it. What a blessing this year has been already. Things are slightly different this year because we have four National Pastors here. One is to Indonesia, another from Haiti, the other from Kenya, and the last from the Philippines. Some of their words are hard to understand, but it is very easy to understand their heart. They told some stories tonight about mission life where they are. I don't think we here in America can ever fully comprehend what some of them face and will face so simply give the Gospel. I'm learning to not take for granted the freedoms that we have. I'm so thankful for the reminder that God wants all the world to come to Him and some are willing to pay a very high price. I was pretty upset this morning when I saw snow out the window, but then I found out that three out of the four National Pastors had never seen snow. What an experience for them! I guess I can even be thankful for snow in April. There are three other families here as well. The one couple is here helping the four Nationals get support. The other two are great families as well. I love getting to know each of them. I hope we can be a part of their ministries. The other part that is my favorite is that Spring Break is here. We will spend this final week with my mom before she heads back to the other side of the country. It has been so wonderful having her here and the girls will miss her very much. I'm very thankful for the time God has given for them to get to know her. I know that in the future those extended visits will be few and far between, but God's will is important and must be carried out. He will bless and we will be much happier with His blessing. I hope all of you are doing well. Thanks for listening to me ramble on. I couldn't help it. It has been such a blessing I had to get it out.

4 comments:

McMom said...

Sounds like a neat week! I am glad you got to sleep in this morning!!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that you are in a place that means so much to you, and that touches you so deeply. Having a connection to something larger than yourself is powerful and positive and I'm happy that you are a part of it.

I'm also glad that you've had a good time with your mom and that she's been able to stay with you for so long.

P.S. I'm sending Hailey's B-day prize back home with Mom.

McMom said...

Thank you for your words, Jackie. You put some of my thoughts into words. I got deep feelings from this conference and I still can not put them into words. One feeling is that I wish I were younger with more time to serve the Lord here on earth. I am determined to serve Him with all I have for the time I have left. I praise and worship His Holy Name. Mom

us said...

Jackie The seccond comment that says it is Cheri is Mom. I was in her account. Mom