CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Clark Fork

Hi All We went to Clark Fork to church today. It is the twentieth anniversary of the church. It is amazing to think that it was that long ago that we started the ministry there. Today was a big blessing. Many people came and thanked Gary for his labor there. So many people that were there when the church started came back for the day to hear Gary preach. The pastor of the church asked all those whose lives were influenced by Gary to raise their hands. Many, many hands went up. Praise the Lord. Gary did a wonderful job of preaching. He has not been feeling well at all. I was concerned that it would hinder his preaching but it did not. I am so very proud of the job he did today. I feel like he is truly on the mend.
However, I am going to insist that he quit his new job. He HATES the job. He dreads going to work and that is no way to live, for just a paycheck that we can do without. He said that he as to quit. I asked him what kind of notice he plans to give. When he did not answer, I asked if he thought he could hang on for two weeks so he could give that much notice. He answered that he did not know but his face told me 'no'. I am pushing for him to go in tomorrow, on his day off, and quit. We shall see if he does it. He has such good character that he will work himself to death if I do not watch him. His brain is not, or was not, telling that he is too old to work 57 hours a week. Now his body is telling him. He needs to listen before it is too late. That is why my job kicked in.
Monty and Jackie went up to the camp last night and spent the night. It was wonderful to have them in the service today. Monty even sang a special. Most people had no idea that he has such a wonderful voice. Several people told him that he needs to make a CD.
They did not head home when we did. They took the girls out to the camp to go sledding. I am sure they are having a wonderful time.
Praise the Lord for a wonderful day. Mom/Sylvia

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad that going back to Clark Fork was such a wonderful time. I sure remember those days fondly and you two have been so good to me. I sure would be in a far different place today without your love and kindness. Consider my hand way way UP.

Dad, please just QUIT. The floors will be mopped, the toilets will get cleaned. Life is far too short and far too long to work a job you hate even one day if you do not HAVE to do it. There is no need to work yourself to death. You don't have anything to prove to anyone!

Much Love to you both!

C

us said...

Sounds like a GREAT day!!

Quit Dad Quit!!!!

Love Cheri