CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 17, 2008

Thanksgiving must be practiced

Wow, where has the time gone? We are halfway through November already. It is unbelievable how quickly time goes by. I was just sitting here thinking about the season and all the things we enjoy. I was reflecting back a little and remembering Bro. Ross. Every November he would come into chapel and say "Thanksgiving must be practiced." He would have several people stand and tell what they were thankful for. I think sometimes we get so focused on the immediate problems that we forget about the many blessings that God has sent our way. With that in mind I thought I should take a moment and practice a little thanksgiving. First of all, I'm so thankful that Jesus died for me. I cannot imagine having to face life without His presence and guidance. His love is amazing. I'm so thankful for the family He has given me. My husband is a wonderful, faithful man. Yes, we have our differences, but I could not ask for a better man to have in my life. God has given me three beautiful little girls. They love me in spite of my weaknesses and look to me to provide for them. My extended family on both sides have spoiled me completely. What would I do without their support? I cannot even begin to express how grateful I am for my pastor's family and for my church. Many times in my life I haven't been so loveable and yet they never gave up on me. I owe a great debt to the friends who helped pull me through some very trying times in my life. To each of my friends and family that read this please allow me to say "Thank you." God has truly blessed my life using you. Happy Thanksgiving to each of you.

2 comments:

McMom said...

Thank-you Jackie for the reminder!! I do have MUCH to be thankful for too! You and Mom and Cara have been my tangible "life lines" during this year of much change! You are family and you are friends! God has blessed me with an AWESOME family!

Unknown said...

I love all you people so much! I have no idea what I would do if you weren't in my life.

Thank you thank you thank you.

C