CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 22, 2008

God knows even the little things we may need.

Sometimes a blogging moment comes with no pictures or extra frills. That was yesterday for me. Let me first say that things could have been much worse than they turned out. I got up a little later than I had planned to so I went out to my van with the girls at about 9:20. I opened up the doors to let the girls get in and quickly realized that someone had been in the van before us. There were papers from the glove box dumped everywhere and also the center console was emptied. The CD's and papers were everywhere. Unfortunately one of the things I saw setting on top was my account number from a deposit slip. I called the bank and they suggested that I change my account. They hot carded my debit cards (as a precaution) and closed the account. That took the entire morning. There was nothing stolen to my knowledge. My guess is they were just looking for cash. (They definitely chose the wrong van to look in.) It was annoying and of course I have to say that I was feeling somewhat violated. The thought of someone invading what is personally yours doesn't set well. Anyway, we got to the church at about lunch time. That went well, but it was a long day. I stayed until music practice since it would have been a waste to go home. On the way home we were starving so I decided to stop and get dinner. I pulled into Zips and ordered my food. It was as I was pulling up to pay that I realized that I no longer had an easy means of paying for it. I pulled up and asked if they took checks since my bank had given me new ones until my ordered ones could come in. No, they didn't take checks so I went against what I normally do and decided to use my credit card. I pulled it out and she immediately said, "We don't take Discover, do you have a Visa?" Well, no I don't have a visa at this point. She went back in the little window and I heard talking. A minute later the lady popped her head back out and said, "We are buying your dinner tonight." The non-crying person that I am had a very hard time not breaking down. They had no idea what kind of day I had. God knew that I was at the end for the day and took care of the details I hadn't thought of even if it was only $9.79. I brought dinner home and we told the girls that God had bought dinner for us. It was wonderful too.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad everything worked out ok, but let me take this opportunity to just say you should never have any personal information in your car.

If the people who went through your car were even remotely computer savvy, your bank account could have been drained before you even got to your car.

None of us can assume we live in a safe place. Craig and I shred everything with our names on it, and we keep our checks locked in a firebox.

Please be careful, I'm glad it worked out ok.