CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap with Me

I put this on my personal blog, but I want to share it with my family too! Leap with me!


A Leap is much more than a hop
You can start where you are, it's not a jump from the top.
Leaping makes others want to leap too
I have a Leap Day challenge or two!
Figure out something that you want to do
Then take that leap to make it happen for you.

OK Boys and Girls.........Let's Leap!
I have decided that I'm going to celebrate this Leap Day by challenging myself .....and all of my blog peeps..... to find a way to LEAP OUT of your comfortable life and dare yourself to take that next step!

Put some thought into this.... I thought I didn't know what my leap was - - But I wanted it to be something worthy of a once every 4 year event.....

I've been writing this post for about an hour now, and I have my leap....

Committing to actually Opening a photography studio and leaving the power industry by 2010. By the time next leap day comes, I will have my studio, and will be no longer captive to the whims of management for my livelihood.

This is a scary leap, the power industry has been good income, and I make more money than most people in my circle. It's been a source of self-esteem for me, and has helped me to realize that I am intelligent and able to lead others. But, I am at the mercy of management who are constantly finding ways to get 'high value employees' out of the organization by outsourcing, and if my job here leaves and we are still so dependent on my income from there, we will be forced to move.

Owning a studio will free me in some ways, but confine me in others. However, If I want to do my business properly, I must take it out of my mobile home.

It's a Leap, and kind of frightening today. What's your leap going to be?

Happy Leap Day!

4 comments:

Christine said...

That's cool!

McMom said...

Awesome Cara!! I'll have to think on that!

Love You!

us said...

I willl have to think about a Leap. My leaper is getting pretty old. I guess my next leap year I might be leaping into retirement. Scary thought. Mom

Unknown said...

Your leaper isn't old, it's exhausted!

You have so much leaping yet to do, you should leap into some rest first! LOL