CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter 2009

Here it is, Easter 2009. What a blessing this day is to me. I remember as a kid how much I enjoyed Easter, but for completely different reasons. I loved going on a hunt for our Easter baskets (mom hid them in the dryer one year) and then I would sit and enjoy all my candy in my new dress and fancy shoes. I still love the whole basket and new dresses for my girls part, but Easter is so much more than that. Easter is about Christ. Without His resurrection His death would be meaningless. As most of you know I am not a person to cry very much, but my heart broke a little today. I sat next to my cousin (We just very recently got back in touch after over 15 years) and during the invitation he raised his hand about salvation. On his own he went forward and spent some time talking with Pastor Donley (I'm so thankful for our church staff). No, he didn't receive Christ today, but God is working in his heart. Without giving any details that aren't necessary, I'm just amazed that he is coming to church at all. God is still in the miracle working business. I don't have any idea what God will do in the future, but He wants those souls that are still out there and He wants to use us to go bring them in. It was such a great reminder to me about the real reason for Easter.

I hope you all enjoy the pics



Daddy and his girls

Natalie, my little princess
Rachel and her curtsy


Hailey with her shy smile

1 comments:

Unknown said...

They look so wonderful! I miss you all a bunch!