CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Warning! Rant Ahead.

While I was getting ready for work, I overheard This Story on Craig's laptop.

I understand contracts, clauses, doing things within the rights of the company and on and on and on, but here's what I don't understand.How can this piece of paper cross your desk and you go "Hmmm..yeah...this is a good idea, let's go forward with this...." How (if you go to church and believe in God at all) can you add this to your work load during the week and then on Sunday go to church and sit there with a straight face?

If you don't believe in any supreme being, but have been paying attention at all to the universe and understand anything at all about Karma, or the immutable law of getting what you give, can you have any part of this process and not lay awake at night thinking of what is coming down the freeway at you?

How many people are in the chain of approving, rubber-stamping, litigating, and pushing forward this action? I know I wouldn't be a part of it. This is something I'd quit my job over.

As an aside, it's Wal-Mart, but it's probably happening elsewhere. I hope not.

I'll just do the math real quick for a re-cap.
Medical Bills = $470,000 paid by Wal Mart.
Lawsuit Settlement = $417,000. (put in trust for healthcare only).
Money Remaining today $270,000.
Wal-Mart Lawsuit Award = $470,000.
The Family will be in the hole 200,000 after Wal-Mart cleans out the trust fund.

Thank You also US legal system for backing up Big Corporate (and Corporate Lobbyists) on this one! God and Karma has an eye on you too....

I rant about Wal-Mart alot. Lots of people who live in small towns tell me that they can't shop anywhere else because there just isn't anywhere else to shop. I don't live in a small town. I do have a choice, so I use that choice. How can I spend my money to support a company that can do this to a family that has suffered such a blow?

I had to rant. End of Rant.

1 comments:

McMom said...

That is horrible!!! It deserves a rant!!